- Highly effective storyteller and strategic communicator with strong written, oral, and digital skills adaptable to a variety of platforms and audiences.
- Proven understanding of corporate communications, public relations, event planning, social media, internal communications, and other modern communications techniques.
- Ability to work effectively and adapt quickly in challenging, high-stress, fast-paced environments.
- Committed to consistency, subject matter expertise, and relationship building.
- Demonstrated competence using technical information to inform leaders and decision makers and create compelling communication products.
- Motivated leader with a passion for self-starting, teamwork, and quick, creative problem solving.
York University – Communications Manager: Office of the Dean of Libraries
Toronto, ON – October 2020 to present
- Working with Libraries leadership, conceived and managed the implementation of communications, community engagement, and social media strategies for various departments and divisions, and oversaw the production of content and materials to raise the profile and enhance the reputation of the Libraries.
- Provided expert strategic advice to Libraries leadership with tact and discretion.
- Held leadership roles on several major projects including the development of the Libraries Annual Report and Strategic Plan as well as a comprehensive rebrand and update of the Libraries’ website and social media presence.
York University – Communications Officer: YFile
Toronto, ON – January 2020 to October 2020
- Planed, researched, developed, interviewed subjects for, copyedited, web published, and wrote stories for YFile, York University’s daily community newsletter.
Government of Alberta – Press Secretary/Cabinet Communications Strategist
Edmonton, AB – June 2015 to April 2019
Ministries: Deputy Premier/Health (2018 – 2019) – Children’s Services (2017-2018) – Community and Social Services (2017) – Human Services (2016 – 2017) – Infrastructure and Transportation (2015)
- Directed communications team responding to media requests (average of ten/day) and served as spokesperson and media contact for the offices of Ministers, Deputy Premier.
- Briefed and staffed senior officials, including the Premier of Alberta, at meetings, events, daily business, and provided advice on high-level decision making.
- Planned and executed weekly government announcements, including finding validators and working with community stakeholders.
- Created communications products including key messages, speeches, news releases, event plans, Q&As, web and social content, presentations, and briefing notes.
Daisy Consulting Group – Government/Public Relations Consultant
Toronto, ON – July 2013 to June 2015
- Directly supported client successes advocating at the provincial and municipal levels.
- Developed strategies for and managed in-house and client social media identities.
- Advised clients on public affairs, media, and stakeholder issues and opportunities.
- Researched, developed, and pitched successful new business opportunities.
Paris, ON – Hekkla, ON – Brantford, ON – Kapuskasing, ON – Grande Prairie, AB – Quesnel, BC – Amsterdam, NL – Toronto, ON
- Combined nine years of experience in sectors including the restaurant, forestry, fashion and retail, hospitality, and media industries, as a student life programmer, and as a labourer.
Honours Bachelor of Arts – Political Science, Environmental Studies
International Exchange – International School for Humanities and Social Sciences
Universiteit van Amsterdam
Campaigns & Advocacy
Mark Cherrington for MP Campaign
Alberta’s NDP Election 2019 Campaign
Phillip van der Merwe for MLA Campaign
Jennifer Hollett for MP Campaign
Election Planning Committee
2014 – 2015
2014 – 2015
Olivia Chow for Mayor Campaign
War Room (Rapid Response Team)
2013 – 2014
Edmonton’s Food Bank
Edmonton International Fringe Theatre Festival
ComCult Graduate Student Association
President, VP Finance
2013 – 2014
Intersections/Cross-sections: Politics of Play
Art Exhibition Curator and Chair
YU Free Press
Layout and Writing
Friends of the Earth International
Membership Data Entry
International Documentary Film Festival of Amsterdam
Las Nubes Student Association
Humber College Residence Environment Group
Paris Star Newspaper
Paris Mounties Junior C Hockey Beat Writer
2005 – 2006